3D Community News | Thursday, 28 September 2023
Specoolar has recently shared a fast and promising fluid tool for Bender. Check it out!
CellFluids is a Geometry Nodes-powered Blender addon for simulating fluids in real time.
The simulation is a kind of “2.5D”. It is based on the height field of the scene and is simulated in a 2D grid with displacement applied to it and it requires Blender 3.6 or newer versions.
- Fast interactive semi-real-time fluid simulations
- Realistic fluids
- Lightweight and not resource intensive
- Works with both Eevee and Cycles
- Baking of any state of the fluid onto a static mesh with flow map
- Cannot simulate complex and multi-layered fluids and splashes as it is only one layer with displacement.
- The simulation is not particle-based, so do not expect completely physically correct simulations.
- Avoid sharp edge geometries for ground, it may protrude from the liquid in some cases.
- The ground geometry cannot be animated.
You can get the addon HERE.
For more about its features watch the video presentation below:
Specoolar is a Game Developer & 3D artist.
Get a €25 free trial for high-speed rendering now!