Tuesday, April 19th, 2022: 3D Community News
JangaFX has recently shared a video tutorial, by its founder Nicholas Seavert, explaining how to quickly create a tornado from scratch using EmberGen, a Real-Time volumetric simulation tool for games and films.
Some of the key points he covers in this useful tutorial:
- Simple introduction.
- Line Force Settings. Creating a force field around a line.
- Emitter node. Setting its parameters to add variation.
- Simulation Node Settings. Blocking Z celling and z Ground to achieve a better result.
- Shape Node Settings. Adding noise.
- Adjusting Sim Bounds. Setting up the height in the sim tab.
- Procedural Rotation of Emitter. Adding cycle node to create rotation.
- Vorticity Settings. Adding rotation vorticity & variation with more details.
- Additional Forces. Applying force noise to give extra variation.
- Testing different types of emitters and values to reach the desired result.
- Adjusting Shading. Applying some shading techniques to give a more believable look.
- Extra bonus. An extra handy tip to achieve a larger realistic tornado effect.
Enjoy watching this less than 8-minutes quick tutorial below:
JangaFX was founded in 2016 by Nicholas Seavert, an entrepreneur who is well versed in both startups and real-time VFX. Their key motive is to develop real-time VFX tools for artists and designers in the field of film and game production.