Friday, January 28th, 2022: 3D Community News
To use the Script, use these simple steps:
- Drag and drop the script file into the Max viewport or open it from the script menu.
- It opens a window, click create, it will create a sphere with a cross controller above it.
- Animate the sphere from keyframing the helper controller.
- Once the Helper has been animated the sphere will rotate in the direction automatically.
- Now you can create any surface, and use define ground.
- Click the Ground on/off button and the sphere will be placed aligned to the surface.
- Play the animation, and the sphere will rotate following the surface.
- The controller can be added to a path constrain, for the animation to be controlled by the path.
- The user can use any spherical object and link it to the sphere, and it will follow the animation.
Find more about it here: Rolling Ball.
Enjoy watching this 8-minutes of step-by-step tutorial and learn how to use this useful 3DS Max script.
Leandro Salerno, from Post Media VFX, is an Argentinean artist who loves dynamics and kinetic motion animations. He has his own Youtube Channel posting animations and tutorials on how to achieve stunning motion VFX.